https://www.chattanoogapoolsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/30d007917b93db2e5ce2828856c3b307.jpg 1080 1609 chattpool /wp-content/uploads/2020/06/poolslogo-1.png chattpool2020-07-14 16:39:592022-04-11 13:49:107 Important Steps to Take Before Opening Your Pool
7 Important Steps to Take Before Opening Your Pool
Summer is here and there has never been a better time to own a private pool! It is tempting to jump right in after having it closed for several months. Nevertheless, here are seven critical steps that should be taken in order to get your backyard oasis in proper working condition.
- Safety First! The first step to enjoying your pool is to make sure it is safe. Remove any debris that may have fallen, trim bushes that are in the way, and make sure there are no issues with the pool or the area surrounding it. This includes the cover, filter, pump, and any area furniture.
- Before turning on the pump and pump filter, be certain to fill the pool to the skimmer line.
- Remove all plugs and open all valves. Before raising water levels is the best time to replace any old or worn gaskets and o-rings, as well as change the sand in your filter if needed,
- Make a list of the chemical inventory in your storage room. Make sure the chemicals are not out of date and underwent proper storage procedures from the previous season.
- Use a test kit to adjust the chemicals in the pool’s water or have your local pool supplier test the water for you. This is a step that should be incorporated into a regular weekly maintenance routine. Before testing your pool water, the pump and filter need to run at least 24-36 hours continuously.
- After a day or so, retest the water and make sure it is balanced properly.
- Enjoy Your Pool!
For further details, please contact Chattanooga Pool and Patio at (423) 899-6780, or find them online at chattanoogapoolsite.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!